Monday, December 6, 2010

Aug 18, 2010 - End of UP Tour - Home Again

First thing this AM the little guy from the camp next door jumped on his bike, looked back over his shoulder, and yelled to an unseen somebody at the top of his little lungs, “I gotta go to the bathroom!” Then off he zoomed in the direction of the bathhouse. Seconds later a lady from their camp walked into view and said to us, “Well, so much for peace and quiet, huh?”

We told her we didn’t mind. It seemed like the kids were having fun. Shaking her head, she followed with, “Well, I’m the grandma, and I’m not sure I’m going to make it!” Turns out the HHR was hers, and she was looking pretty hard at our rPod, wondering out loud if her vehicle could pull it, because it might be just the ticket for her. All by herself.

Then it was time to pack and head on home. We took a different route back to the Xway to avoid that nasty washboard road we took on the way in. On the way home we passed an Airstream trailer being pulled by a Lincoln Blackwood pickup truck. Sheesh. Those two things together are probably worth more than my house is right now. I’m not even sure you could call that camping.

We plan to come back to da UP next winter and snowshoe back into some of the frozen waterfalls and ice caves, and maybe next summer to take a shipwreck tour of Grand Island, and get some more waterfall and lighthouse viewing in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I'll receive it in my email.